This article will show you how to convert 1 inch into millimeters.
There are 25.4 millimeters in 1 inch.
In order to find out how many millimeters are in a certain number of inches, you would need to multiply the number of inches by 25.4.
There are 25.4 millimeters in 1 inch, so multiplying any number of inches by 25.4 will give you the answer in millimeters.
The formula is:
# of millimeters = # of inches x 25.4
For example, if you want to know how many millimeters are in 20 inches, multiply 20 by 25.4.
The answer, which is 508, tells you that there are that many inches in 20 inches.
If you want to reverse the question and figure out how many inches can be made from a certain number of millimeters, you would divide the number of millimeters by 25.4.
For example, if you have 200 millimeters, you can divide it by 25.4 to get 7.874 inches.
This means that there are 7.84 inches in 200 millimeters.
If you don’t feel like doing the math, use our online conversion calculator below to convert different units of measurements.
Inches into millimeters conversion calculator
Use the following calculator to easily convert inches into mm. Simply type in the desired value and select inches in the convert from box and millimeters in the convert to box. The calculator will instantly do the math for you.
Check out all our conversion calculators here.
You can also use the following table to convert millimeters into inches.
You can also convert 1 inch into other units of measurements.
- 1 inch = 2.54 centimeters
- 1 inch = 0.083 feet
- 1 inch = 0.254 decimeters
Other articles on our site using millimeters and inches include:
A millimeter is a metric unit of length, which is a general scale of measurement used around the world.
It is equal to one-thousandth of a meter and equal to 0.03937 inches.
An inch is a unit of linear measure equal to one-twelfth of a foot (2.54 cm).
Inch or inches is a length unit of measurement. It is used in the USA as a customary and Imperial unit of length.
Many people will abbreviate the word inch as in. For example, 1 inch may be written as 1 in. It can also be denoted by using the double prime symbol “, for example, 1 inch can be written as 1″.
1 inch is also equal to 1⁄36 yard or 1⁄12 foot.
You now know how many millimeters are in 1 inch and you should be able to convert 1 inch into millimeters easily. Feel free to share our page on social media and save our website in your bookmarks for easy and quick reference.
- How many inches in a yard?
- How many liters in a gallon?
- How many pounds in a kilogram?
- How many grams are in a kilogram?
- How many meters are in a mile?
- How many meters are in a yard?
- How many millimeters are in a centimeter?
- Convert kilometers per hour to miles per hour
- 8 Inches is how many centimeters?
- How many grams in a pound?
- How many centimeters equal 1 foot?
- How many inches are in 40 centimeters?
- How many feet is 50 yards?
- How many gallons is 10 liters?
- Convert 208 mm into inches
- How many inches are in 20 centimeters?
- How many inches are in 60 centimeters?
- How many meters are in 6 feet?
- How many miles are in 10000 meters?
- How many yards is 100 meters?
- How many cups is 500 ml?
- How many feet is 59 inches?
- How many miles is 100 kilometers?
- How many cups is 32 ounces?
- How many miles is 400 meters?
- How many miles is 5000 meters?
- How many miles is 300 meters?
- How many meters are in 50 feet?
- How many cups is 1000 ml?
- How many cups is 16 ounces?