In this article, I will show you some great choices for lightweight vehicles that are on the market today.
Knowing the weight of your vehicle is an important and essential part of vehicle safety. As new vehicles continue to become modernized, they are also being produced at lighter weights.
It can be very beneficial to own a lighter vehicle as they typically burn less fuel, have lower maintenance costs, easier to park in tight spaces, have reduced emissions and improved air quality, plus they can be more fun to drive.
New vehicles that weigh under 3000 pounds
- Toyota Corolla
- Nissan Kicks
- Hyundai Elantra
- Honda Civic
- Chevrolet Spark
- Hyundai Accent
- Kia Forte
- Volkswagon Jetta
- Mazda CX-3
#1. Toyota Corolla – 2,832 pounds
The Toyota Corolla is a dependable, safe and efficient vehicle with an excellent reputation. It offers fantastic fuel efficiency, great handling on the road, and enough room to fit your entire family.
The Corolla has won numerous awards for its safety features, and you can trust that it will protect you in the event of an accident.
Other features of the Toyota Corolla:
- The Toyota Corolla is a reliable and affordable car
- It has a sleek design with a spacious interior for passengers
- It’s equipped with safety features like the Vehicle Stability Control System (VSC) to help avoid accidents
- The Corolla comes in three different models: L, LE, and SE
- There are seven colors available: Classic Silver Metallic, Magnetic Gray Metallic, Black Sand Pearl, Blue Crush Metallic, Super White II Tri-Coat Pearl Effect Paint Finish (only on the LE model), Cosmic Brown Mica (only on the SE model), and Orange Blaze Metallic
#2. Nissan Kicks – 2,727 pounds
The Nissan Kicks is a small, sporty car that can be purchased in the United States. It was designed to be an affordable vehicle for young people looking for style and affordability. The Kicks comes in two different models: A-Spec and S-Type.
A few other features of the Nissan Kicks:
- The Nissan Kicks is a small car with plenty of features
- It’s got a sporty, stylish look that will turn heads
- The interior has plenty of room for passengers and cargo
- The engine is fuel-efficient and powerful enough to get you where you need to go in no time flat
- There are lots of safety features like front-seat airbags and anti-lock brakes
#3. Hyundai Elantra – 2,725 pounds
The Hyundai Elantra is an inexpensive, fuel-efficient car that offers a variety of features and options to choose from. The Hyundai Elantra is available in four trims: SE, Limited Edition, Sport, and the new luxurious Ultimate trim.
Other Hyundai Elantra features:
- The Hyundai Elantra is a four-door, five-passenger sedan
- It has an impressive interior with features like leather seats and heated front seats
- It also has a rearview camera that helps you see what’s behind the car when backing up
- The Elantra comes in three different models: GLS, SE, and Limited Edition
- All models have Bluetooth audio streaming capabilities
#4. Honda Civic – 2,947 Pounds
The Honda Civic is manufactured by the Japanese automobile company, Honda. The first generation of Civics was released in 1972 and was such an instant success that they are still being produced today.
They are one of the best-selling cars in America and are known to be reliable, stylish, and affordable.
Other features of the Honda Civic include:
- A compact car with many safety features for all models
- It has a sleek and aerodynamic design
- The seats are comfortable for long drives
- There is ample trunk space to store your items during the drive
- It has an efficient fuel system
#5. Chevrolet Spark – 2,278 pounds
If you are in the market for a new car, but don’t know what to get, and want something affordable with plenty of style then the new Chevrolet Spark is a great choice. This lightweight vehicle is an awesome little car that offers great gas mileage and has all kinds of cool features including:
- The Chevrolet Spark is a small, fuel-efficient car
- It has four doors and seats up to five people
- It has an airy interior with plenty of headroom for taller passengers
- There’s enough room in the backseat for two adults or three children
- It offers a range of standard features like power windows, power door locks, and keyless entry
#6. Hyundai Accent – 2,623 pounds
The Hyundai Accent is a popular vehicle that has four doors. It seats up to five people and is available in three different trims, SE, GLS, and Limited. The SE trim includes power windows and locks as well as air conditioning.
The GLS trim offers heated mirrors, keyless entry with push-button start/stop engine button for the engine control system, CD player with MP3 capability, steering wheel mounted audio controls, and cruise control on some models.
Some other Hyundai Accent features:
- The Hyundai Accent has a sporty exterior design
- It is also equipped with a 6-speed automatic transmission
- The car comes with an impressive warranty of 5 years or 100,000 miles
- You can get it in three different colors: white pearl, silver metallic, and black sapphire
- It has one of the lowest starting prices in its class
#7. Kia Forte – 2,769 pounds
The new kia Forte is a great family vehicle that has many safety features and options. There is plenty of cargo space and is an affordable vehicle that gets great fuel mileage. The Kia Forte has been a reliable vehicle for years that keeps improving and becoming more popular.
A few other Kia Forte features include:
- The Kia Forte is a compact car with four doors and a hatchback
- It has an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that can be controlled by the touch of your finger
- The Forte comes in three different trim levels: LX, EX, SX
- The base model starts at $18,200 and the high-end trim level starts at $20,700
#8. Volkswagon Jetta – 2,965 pounds
The Volkswagon Jetta is a great car for everyday driving. It can be used for commuting, traveling long distances, or simply get around town. It has plenty of room in the front and back, but it may be too small if you have a large family.
If you’re looking for a car that has good gas mileage, this might be one to consider. The prices on these cars are very affordable and they have a lot of great features including:
- It has a 1.4-liter turbocharged engine
- The car seats five passengers, and the trunk can fit up to 13 cubic feet of cargo
- It’s available in three different trim levels: S, SE, and SEL
- You can get it with either a manual or automatic transmission
- There are two types of fuel economy: city and highway
#9. Mazda CX-3 – 2,795 pounds
The Mazda CX-3 is a compact SUV that was first introduced in 2014. It’s available with either front-wheel or all-wheel drive and has the option of being equipped with a manual transmission, which is not always standard for this type of vehicle.
It is one of the heavier vehicles on the list but it’s still under 3000 pounds.
Some other Mazda CX-3 features:
- The Mazda CX-3 has a sleek design with an aerodynamic body and a low center of gravity
- It is available in three different colors: Soul Red Crystal, Meteor Gray Mica, and Deep Crystal Blue Mica
- It has a 2.0L SKYACTIV-G engine that gives you up to 40 mpg on the highway
- You can get an all-wheel-drive or front-wheel drive depending on your preference
- With only 4 seats, it’s perfect for those who want to commute in style