If you’re new to cooking or baking, it can be difficult to know what kitchen tools to use for measuring dry ingredients.
Some recipes call for measurements in cups, while others ask for dry ingredients measured by weight, making things even more confusing.
Becoming familiar with different measuring aids for dry ingredients can help you cook or bake with much more success.
Measuring cups are the most common kitchen tool for measuring dry ingredients. These cups are usually sold as a nested set, and the largest cup most commonly measures 1 cup.
Other common sizes include half a cup, 1/4 of a cup, and 1/3 of a cup.
Measuring cups are specifically designed for measuring dry ingredients, so they’re ideal for measuring things like flour, rice, and sugar.
However, it’s important to note that different ingredients need to be packed into these cups differently. For example, most recipes requiring brown sugar ask that the sugar is packed firmly into the cup.
Flour can be tricky to measure correctly with a measuring cup. If you use the measuring cup to scoop up the flour, you will pack it into the cup, and this can lead to adding much more flour to a recipe than is required.
Instead, use a spoon to gently spoon the flour into the measuring cup. This will fluff the flour, adding air, which will give you a much more accurate measurement.
After you add an ingredient to your measuring cup, make sure to take a knife or another flat object and run it across the top of the cup to level it, so the ingredient creates a flat surface at the top of the cup.
This ensures that you’re getting an exact amount of the ingredients.
- 【Package includes set of 14】: 5 different sizes measuring cups (1 cup, 3/4 cup,2/3 cup,1/2 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/4 cup, 1/8 cup), and 6 stainless steel measuring spoons (1 tablespoon, 1 /2 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon, 1/2 teaspoon, 1/4 teaspoon,1/8 teaspoon). Meet All Your Needs On Cooking And Baking.
- 【No more guesswork】: Each cup’s “ml” and cup sizes have passed clearly engraved marking, and you can quickly identify the cup scale according to the color of the handle. The measuring spoons can be used separately and taken out, and then locked with a buckle for convenient hanging storage.
- 【Details processing】: The handle is reinforced and welded to make it stronger and not easy to break. The handle is made of food-grade silicone material, non-slip material, and feels comfortable. The measuring spoon is polished and polished, the edges are smooth, the handle feels fine, and it is more comfortable to use.
- 【High quality】: The measuring cups made of Food-Grade 18/8 Stainless Steel. The measuring spoon made of premium Food-Grade Stainless Steel.They could be used for any food, rust-resistant, will not be polluted or eroded, dishwasher-washable, make your cooking always safe and health, long service life accompanied by your family all the time.
- 【VIP service support】: 100% satisfaction guarantee for risk-free shopping-If you have any questions about dry measuring cups, you can contact us immediately and we will provide a satisfactory answer or you can return it and get a 100% refund. Choose TILUCK measuring cups and spoon set and choose a happy kitchen DIY time.
Glass measuring containers are more commonly used for wet ingredients, but they can also help you measure dry ingredients.
These glasses are often a bit larger than measuring cups as well, with large glasses holding as much as 4 cups, so they’re perfect for measuring larger amounts of an ingredient.
Glass measuring cups are usually a bit taller than the largest volume they hold, which helps to reduce spills when measuring liquids.
However, this means that you won’t be able to level the top of your dry ingredients when using a measuring glass, so you may not be measuring as accurately.
For this reason, measuring glasses can be used for dry ingredients in a pinch, but it’s best not to use them if you have other measuring tools available.
If you absolutely have to use a measuring glass to measure dry ingredients, you can add the dry ingredients until they reach the line.
Then, rapidly move the glass back and forth on a flat surface to level the ingredient a bit. This will give a slightly more accurate measurement.
Check out: Measuring gifts for cooking/kitchen
Measuring spoons are similar to measuring cups in that they are usually sold as a nested set with graduated sizes.
Measuring spoons are designed for measuring much smaller amounts of dry ingredients, so they are ideal for spices, salt, baking soda, or baking powder.
Most measuring spoon sets include a tablespoon, half tablespoon, teaspoon, half teaspoon, 1/4 of a teaspoon, and 1/8 of a teaspoon.
- Kitchen Utensils Accurate Measuring Spoons Set-Designed seven stainless steel double-headed spoons set and a leveler,black plastic label on the magnetic measuring spoons set stainless steel with clear US standard measurement markings is useful for you to cook pastry food or spice jars.This kitchen & dining room tables gadgets new apartment essentials spoons set is available in various sizes,which are 1/8 tsp, 1/4 tsp,1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/2 Tbsp, and 1 Tbsp plus 1 leveler.
- Kitchen Gadgets Dual Sided Spoons Set-Equipped with an oval-headed side design,if you have different spices and seasonings sets or measuring cups,exactly fits in narrow jars and ideal for scooping dry ingredients;the rounded head is more convenient for measuring liquid ingredients than liquid measuring cups.It’s a practical cooking gadgets for women to use as well as any other kitchen accessories salad spinner.(Each measuring spoons set has the exact same measurement of its opposite side).
- Stackable Magnetic Measure Tablespoons Set-Magnetic design of kitchen tool magnetic teaspoon measuring spoons set make you to store them in a nesting or stacked together. The magnetic core of tablespoons set have strong power to be placed on the stainless steel kitchen table surface or metal pastry board.So practical kitchen utensils tablespoon apartment must have and easily to store in a drawer or on a kitchen counter as well as the other silicone cooking utensils set mixing bowls.
- Premium Measure Spoon Set Baking Utensils-This kawaii baking tool measuring spoons set is made of food-grade stainless steel, surface and edges are more smoother and not sharp. Don’t worry to bend or break, rust or corrosion.Great for dry or liquid ingredients, fits in spice jar or narrow jaws.Apartment must haves set of 9 metal measuring spoon set kitchen tools can be a practical gifts.Perfectly for home and kitchen cooking helper.
- Kitchen Stuff For Life-We stand behind our products magnetic measure spoons set and want to ensure that you love this kitchen must haves accessories item just as much as we do. kitchen gadgets best sellers 2022 or kawaii wedding registry items is BIDFUL stainless steel metal measuring spoon(no cups) set.If you have kitchen decor and accessories coffee spoons,also,home organization baking supplies measuring spoons is suitable for apartment essentials for first apartment.
Adjustable Measuring Cups
Adjustable measuring cups measure the same way as regular measuring cups. However, instead of a set that includes several cup sizes, an adjustable measuring cup is just one measuring cup.
The cup is usually cylindrical and has different measurements printed along the side. A piece at the bottom moves up and down, and you can move this piece to the desired measurement.
These measuring cups are specifically designed for use with dry ingredients, so they have a flat top that’s level with the last measurement.
Many adjustable measuring cups also have markings for tablespoons, half tablespoons, or even teaspoons, so they can sometimes replace both sets.
Some adjustable measuring cups work in a slightly different way. These cups collapse, so they lie flat in a drawer. When measuring, you can push the cup open to the correct size.
- Cup is adjustable for easy, convenient measurement of various volumes
- Smooth, rotating body and comfortable turning knob is perfect for measuring and dispensing peanut butter, honey and other sticky ingredients
- Internal track easily guides plunger to desired measurement marking
- Silicone disk acts as a squeegee on inside of Cup and generous rim allows for easy pouring wet or dry ingredients
- 2 Cup capacity, dishwasher safe and BPA free
Instead of measuring dry ingredients out in cups, many people measure their ingredients using scales instead. This is particularly common in areas that use the metric system instead of the imperial system.
Measuring dry ingredients using a scale is also quite popular with bakers because it is much more accurate.
Measuring by weight ensures that whatever you make will rise and bake in the exact way you want because the ingredients will be measured exactly by weight instead of by volume.
To measure out dry ingredients using a scale, turn the scale on and put the bowl you want to combine the ingredients in on the scale.
Looking for a gift?
Check out: Measuring gifts for cooking/kitchen
Almost all scales have a function that allows you to erase or zero out weight, and you can press this button to erase the weight of the bowl.
Then, you can simply add your dry ingredients one at a time to the bowl until they equal the correct weight. For example, if you need 100 grams of flour and 50 grams of sugar, add flour until the scale reads 100.
Then, zero out the scale again before adding your 50 grams of sugar.
Scales are an excellent option for larger portions of ingredients, and sensitive scales can also be used to measure small amounts of ingredients.
However, most people who measure their flour, sugar, or other dry ingredients by weight still rely on teaspoons and tablespoons to measure out smaller amounts of baking soda, baking powder, salt, and other spices.
- Accurate Measurement: Weigh up to 5 kg/11 lb precisely in 1 g increments.
- Unit Conversion: Select your preferred units, oz/lb:oz/fl’oz/g/mL to follow recipes more conveniently. Power is provided by 2 AAA batteries (included), making the scale portable and ensuring that you can easily acquire replacement batteries.
- Tare Function: Use the tare function to remove container weight from the final measurement of your food
- LCD Display: Easily read measurements on the backlit LCD display
- Quality Material: Measure food, small items, and liquids with confidence on the 304 food-grade, stainless steel platform
Dry Yeast Measuring Cup
Unlike other dry ingredients, dry yeast is sometimes measured separately. Even if everything else in a recipe is measured by volume, dry yeast is generally only measured in grams.
If you use measuring cups and don’t have a scale, this can make measuring yeast a challenge. A dry yeast measuring cup measures yeast in grams but looks like a volume-style measuring cup.
These cups are often quite small and only hold about 5 or 6 grams.
- The surface is marked with scale, measuring method is simple, very convenient and practical.
- Lightweight, easy to use,, has long service life and can be used repeatedly.
- An essential measuring tool in cooking, baking and ingredient portioning, perfect for home, restaurant, coffee shop, etc.
- A great helper in baking, offering you a lot of pleasure and convenience for your baking experience.
- We offer you reliable after- sales service. If you have any questions about our products or any problems with your packages, please feel free to contact us.