Last updated on February 25th, 2023 at 10:02 am
Taking up snowboarding means acquiring a range of gear, including the snowboard, boots, a helmet, gloves, and other winter clothes and accessories.
One piece of gear many people overlook is the snowboard bag. This bag is designed to make it easier to carry your board and some of your equipment, but most importantly, the bag protects your snowboard from bumps and dings.
Snowboard bags are available in several sizes, so it’s important to choose one that works for your needs.
Snowboard Bag Sizes
Snowboard bags are made to match the size of individual snowboards. Most bags are about 12 inches wide and either 5 or 6 inches tall.
Some bags, though, are designed to hold more gear or even two snowboards. Other bags are made for large snowboards. These bags might be as much as 13.5 inches wide and up to 8.5 inches tall.
The length of a snowboard bag depends on what type of board it’s designed to carry. Bags for girls’ boards, for example, tend to be the shortest, measuring between 57 and 62 inches long.
Most bags are about 65 inches long, but some can be as long as 71 inches.
The Element Equipment Deluxe Snowboard Bag has the dimensions of 65″ long x 12″ wide x 6.5″ tall:
- PREMIUM BAG – This is our top of the line bag. Designed by snowboarders who actually ride. Details make the difference!
- PADDED SNOWBOARD TRAVEL BAG – Complete 360 degree padded protection! 600D PVC Coated Polyester is water resistant, super tough, and keeps your gear organized and your car clean
- SIZED TO FIT – We offer 2 sizes to fit all boards. Don’t lug around a floppy bag way bigger than your board. Clean packing is happy travelling! This is offered in 2 lengths. 157cm/62 inches and 165cm/65 inches. Both are 30cm/12 inches wide and 17cm/6.5 inches tall
- BUILT TO LAST – Reinforced construction with double stitching, waterproof liner, padded shoulder strap, burly carry handles.
- 100% Guarantee. We stand behind our products.
Ideal Bag Sizing
When choosing a snowboarding bag, the best way to decide which to purchase is to measure your snowboard. You’ll need a bag that’s long enough to cover the entire snowboard.
You’ll also want to make sure that the bag is wide enough.
Usually, the given length of a snowboard bag is slightly shorter than the actual length of the bag. This helps to ensure that your board will fit as long as it matches the bag’s length.
For example, if you have a 65-inch board, you can purchase a 65-inch bag, and you shouldn’t need to worry about whether the board will fit or whether the bag will close properly.
Decide What You’ll Carry
Some people already have bags for their helmet, boots, and all of their other gear, while other people prefer to carry their gear and snowboards in the same bag.
If you plan to carry your other equipment separately, think about choosing a bag that fits your snowboard snuggly. This will make the bag more lightweight and will save on space.
On the other hand, if you want to carry everything in one bag, choose a snowboard bag that’s designed to hold more than just the board.
There are many snowboard bags available that feature pockets for gloves and hats, and some bags also provide extra compartments to place your helmet or even your wet boots.
You can also purchase a bag that’s longer than your board and place items at one end of the bag.
You’ll also need to decide if you want to carry just one board or multiple boards. If you plan to carry more than one board, it’s best to purchase a snowboard bag that was made for multiple boards.
These bags provide extra room. More importantly, bags for multiple boards often include a foam liner that runs the length of the bag.
This liner rests between the boards so they don’t bump into or scratch each other as you travel.
- Durable Construction: Crafted from 600D Polyester Oxford Fabric, our snowboard bag offers premium durability to protect your gear from the elements. No more worrying about damp gear or damage during travel – EQ Sport snowboard travel bag with wheels has you covered.
- Ultimate in Storage and Protection: Our snowboard bag with wheels for air travel provides ample room for your gear, including space for two snowboards and all your essential accessories, ensuring you can hit the slopes fully equipped and with confidence. Plus, our 360° padding guarantees your gear stays safe from knocks and dents during transport, whether you’re navigating airport terminals or rugged terrain, giving you peace of mind wherever your snowboarding adventures take you.
- Secure and Organized: Internal webbing straps keep your gear securely in place during travel, minimizing shifting and potential damage with our rolling snowboard bag. Enjoy peace of mind knowing that your equipment is neatly organized and ready for action when you reach your destination.
- Effortless Mobility: Tired of lugging heavy bags across the airport? Our fully padded snowboard bag with wheels for air travel features Urethane wheels for smooth, effortless rolling. Say goodbye to shoulder strain and hello to hassle-free travel with EQ Sport.
- Premium-quality Zippers: Equipped with 2-way YKK zippers, our snowboard bags with wheels allow you to easily access your gear and pack it to the brim without any hassle. Experience the convenience and reliability of premium-quality zippers designed for adventure.
Don’t Go Too Big
If you’re not sure how much gear you want to carry, it can be tempting to simply purchase the largest bag available. However, there are some drawbacks to this plan.
First, larger bags can be much more cumbersome, even if they’re not full of equipment. A bag’s size can make it challenging to fit into a trunk, backseat, or airplane.
If you purchase a bag that’s much larger than your board and don’t fill it, this also leaves excess space in which your board can move around.
If the board isn’t secure and snug in the bag, it can jostle against your other equipment or bounce around, which can cause dings and scratches and may even lead to a broken board.
How much padding a snowboarding bag offers depends on the bag and what it’s designed to do. Some bags are made for quick trips and offer very little padding.
This keeps the bag slimmer and more compact and ensures a lighter weight.
For longer or more frequent trips, though, it’s often better to choose a bag with a layer of padding that will better protect your board.