A 20 foot x 20 foot room equals 400 square feet.
Calculating the square footage or area of a room can be done easily with a bit of math.
Providing that you have measured the length and width of the room, you can simply multiply the two numbers together to give you the number of square feet.
For example, if the room is 20 feet long and 20 feet wide, then the square footage equals 400 square feet.
You can calculate the square footage of any square space provided that you have both length and width.
Use the following formula:
L x W = Area or square feet
20 x 20 = 400
You can calculate the area or square feet for any square or rectangle and the length and width do not need to be the same.
For example, if your room is 24 feet long and 18 feet wide, the area is 432 square feet.
24 x 18 = 432
This is very helpful if you are trying to measure the square footage of a floor when deciding on how much flooring to buy.
The area can also be used to determine the cost of materials.
If the materials cost $5 per square foot, then a 20-foot x 20-foot room will have a material cost of $2000.
20 x 20 = 400 square feet x $5 cost per square foot = $2000 total.
If you are trying to calculate the square footage of a room and your measurements are not in feet, make sure to convert them into feet first.
For example, if your room measures 120 inches x 180 inches, convert inches into feet by dividing by 12.
120 inches equals 10 feet.
180 inches equals 15 feet.
Now using the formula L x W = Area, you can easily calculate square feet.
10 x 15 = 150 square feet.
If you don’t feel like doing the math, you can use our online calculator below to do the math for you.
You can use all of our online calculators including unit conversions here.
- How many inches in a yard?
- How many liters in a gallon?
- How many pounds in a kilogram?
- How many grams are in a kilogram?
- How many meters are in a mile?
- How many meters are in a yard?
- How many millimeters are in a centimeter?
- Convert kilometers per hour to miles per hour
- 8 Inches is how many centimeters?
- How many grams in a pound?
- How many centimeters equal 1 foot?
- How many inches are in 40 centimeters?
- How many inches are in 20 centimeters?
- How many inches are in 60 centimeters?
- How many meters are in 6 feet?
- How many miles are in 10000 meters?
- How many yards is 100 meters?
- How many cups is 500 ml?
- How many feet is 59 inches?
- How many miles is 100 kilometers?
- How many cups is 32 ounces?